Are you preparing for a Zoom or Microsoft Teams job interview? With some preparation, you can ace your virtual interview and land your dream job.
- Test your equipment: Make sure your camera, microphone, and internet connection are all working properly before your interview. You don’t want any technical issues to get in the way of your chance to shine.
- Download the app: Make sure you have the correct application (Microsoft Teams/Zoom) downloaded and that all the settings are correct. Make sure you have the latest version installed on your computer or device. This will ensure that you have the latest features and security updates.
- Familiarize yourself with Microsoft Teams/Zoom: Before your interview, take some time to familiarize yourself with the platform. This includes understanding how to join a meeting, mute and unmute your microphone, turn your video on and off, and use the chat function.
- Practice run: Schedule a Microsoft Teams or Zoom call with a friend before the interview. This will give you an opportunity to make sure the technology and all your equipment are working properly.
- Dress professionally: Just because you’re interviewing from the comfort of your home doesn’t mean you should dress casually. Dress as you would for an in-person interview to show that you’re taking the process seriously.
- Create a professional background: Choose a well-lit and tidy background for your video call. Avoid distractions and make sure the background doesn’t detract from your professional image.
- Be on time: Being punctual is just as important for virtual interviews as it is for in-person interviews. Log on a few minutes early to ensure you’re ready to start on time.
- Be engaged: Make eye contact with the interviewer and keep your body language open and engaged. Smile and nod when appropriate to show that you’re actively listening.
- Research the company: Before the interview, take some time to research the insurance brokerage you’ll be interviewing with. Look at their website, their social media accounts, and any recent news articles about the company.
- Be prepared with questions: Come up with a few thoughtful questions to ask the interviewer about the position or the company.
By following these tips, you’ll be well-prepared for your video interview and ready to make a great impression. Remember to be confident, professional, and engaging, and you’ll increase your video chances of landing the job.